Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Peaceful

Life is funny. I had the beginnings of a post swirling around in my head earlier today. Something about how peaceful my house felt because there was chili in the crcokpot and the smell of yeasty bread rising was filling the kitchen. A baby was asleep and projects were getting ever closer to completion. Big decisions had been made and plans were moving ahead.

And then the phone rang and life feels off-kilter again. No, nothing earth shattering is happening, but we feel as if the world is conspiring against us. We thought we knew what we were supposed to do, but we are back to square one again. And there was no peace in my heart, or anywhere to be found in the circumstances of life.

I read this earlier today and it was a gentle reminder that He is my peace. He is my only circumstance. The world is conspiring against me, but I will take heart because this is true:

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33 NKJV

No comments: