Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm really doing it!!

I have spent the last week of my life laying on the couch with my foot up in the air mulling over what would be my first post. It had to be good...deep, meaningful and thought provoking. But that is a lot of pressure, especially for someone whose brain was foggy from pain medicine much of the time. I wish that I could tell you I took advantage of my time on the couch to have some wonderful time of deep reflection and meditation. But the aforementioned pain medicine made that a challenge. As did the one year old running around, coming over to "beep, beep" my nose every time I began to drift off to sleep.

All that to say, that I really don't know what to write my first post about. This whole blogging thing feels like a big risk to me, but I know that it is a risk that I want to take. The idea of being disciplined to write (and I use the term "write" loosely, not necessarily equalling quality) is appealing to me. It's something that I have wanted to do for awhile, but haven't had the guts to do. While I do the classic journaling with relative frequency, blogging would be an opportunity to write and express myself in a whole new way. It would also be a way to keep a running commentary on life as we experience it as parents to a spunky and sweet one year old.

So as you can see, I have high hopes for this new undertaking. We'll see how it goes! Here's to hoping that the Lord will use it to bring Himself glory in what is written and that He uses the process to teach me more about Himself and the way I relate to the world around me.

(Oh and by the way, I spent the week with my foot up in the air because of some minor foot surgery that was required. I won't bore you with the details, but I am recovering quite nicely, thanks for asking.)

No comments: