Sunday, September 23, 2007

Falling Into Reading

The Fall Into Reading 2007 challenge is here and I have a short list this time around. I haven't had a lot of time to read of late so I am hoping that this list will help me to get motivated when I do have time. This is probably not a complete list as I usually get inspired on visits to the bookstore or library and will add to this as the months progress. Am I the only one who goes to the bookstore and picks out books I want to read, writes down the names and authors and then goes home and requests them from the library? I love to read, but my thriftiness compels me to heavily utilize the library. Or the clearance shelf at Half-Price Books! And now the list:

A Widow for One Year by John Irving

The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler

The Case for the Real Jesus by Lee Strobel

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

All My Road Before Me: the diary of C.S. Lewis by C.S. Lewis

The Christian Home School by Gregg Harris

Happy reading to everyone!

9 comments:

Nise' said...

No!! You are not the only one who picks out books to read and then requests them from the library. I loved The Accidental Tourist! Happy Reading.

Leah said...

I also use the library a lot ~ especially their inter-library loan program. It's wonderful! Your list looks great! Good luck on meeting your reading challenge this fall.

Susanne said...

Oh, the C.S. Lewis sounds good!

Sandra said...

Great list, the C.S. Lewis sounds really good.

Gina said...

Nope you're not alone. I do the same thing.

Its nice to "meet" you. I'm near Cincinnati.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Well, I'm not very good about using the library, but I do write down titles/authors and then look for the books cheaper somewhere else (online or half-price books). I agree that the C.S. Lewis book looks really good. Thanks for joining the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am going to have to be a repeat in the commenting -

The CS Lewis book looks really interesting!

Enjoy the reading challenge!

Much Ado said...

Strobel, Tyler, Lewis.....what a great list!!! Enjoy your reading!

Deena Peterson said...

The Case For The Real Jesus is excellent!! Good list!