Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hibernation Day

It's snowing outside. Freshly made Christmas cookies fill my kitchen. Lunch will definitely be soup. All our plans for the day are cancelled. And for some crazy reason, I can't get this song out of my head!

I don't want to get out of bed
You don't want to go out in the snow
We don't have to do the things Eskimos do
Let's have a hibernation day, me and you

The snow is climbing up the door
The weatherman is sure there will be more
These blankets make a cozy little cave just for two
Let's have a hibernation day...

I love the snap of winter air
and the snowflakes on my face
How the snow drifts make the cars
disappear without a trace

I'll take a day dressed in pajamas
in a room without a view
If I can spend the day
curled up next to you

I don't want to get out of bed
You don't want to go out in the snow
Let's have a hibernation day
A hibernation day, me and you

-Jars of Clay- "Hibernation Day" from Christmas Songs

No comments: