Friday, October 17, 2008

My new favorite breakfast

I was on a huge smoothie for breakfast kick this summer. Fresh berries and yogurt in a million different combinations; what could be better? I've got out of the habit now that berry season is behind us, but that changed early this week when I got my new issue of Everyday Food. Each month they share a quick and easy breakfast idea and this month's is my new favorite breakfast. Banana-Oat Smoothie anyone? It sounds kind of weird, but trust me, it is good! It was meant to be as I had some yogurt headed rapidly for it's sell by date, a banana that was showing its age and some fresh from the farm honey I was dying to try. Add to the fact that I got to use my favorite kitchen tool, the immersion blender, and I was sold!

Banana-Oat Smoothie
In a blender, combine 1/4 cup regular oats, 1/2 cup low fat yogurt (I used vanilla), 1 banana, 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 tsp honey, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately.

Everyday Food November 2008

Happy breakfast!

No comments: