Friday, October 10, 2008

A walk in the park

It's 6:30pm on a Friday night and I'm already in my pajamas. And I like it. Cale unexpectedly took the day off today and we spent a much needed day together. A trip to the farmer's market, a stop to pick up some lunch for our picnic and then a hike through the arboretum. It was a perfect warm fall day and we thoroughly enjoyed the scenery, the company and the food. It was exactly what we needed at the end of this week and turned our three day weekend into four. I like that, too.

We took a number of pictures but they were taken on the good old 35mm and we will have to get them developed. When was the last time you shot a roll of film? It's been a while for us, so long in fact that we can't remember what the first three pictures were from on the film already in the camera. Surprises await us when we get them developed. I've got my fingers crossed that at least a few of them came out as well as I think they did.

The rest of my evening consists of eating the rest of our lunch for dinner, bathing and putting a girl to bed (early- no nap today!) and settling in on the couch with my boy to watch a flick. The perfect ending to a delightful day together.

No comments: