Monday, October 27, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Feeling inspired to write something here, but scattered in thought, I came across this today and thought it was a great idea.

Outside my window...the leaves are blowing around under an overcast sky.

I am thinking...that I really love Mondays.

I am thankful for... my husband, who not only sent me off with Amber for the day on Saturday, but also painted Haven's new room while I was gone.

From the kitchen...a new recipe- Creamy Chicken Apple Chili with some fresh bread for dinner.

I am wearing... khakis and my first sweater of the season. Have I grown since last winter because the sleeves seem kind of short!

I am reading...my latest issue of World magazine.

I am creating...four loads of fresh laundry ready to be put away. And a fuchsia tutu for a certain little girl's Christmas present.

I am going...to make scarecrow cookies for Haven's Harvest Party at school tomorrow.

I am hoping...for snow! There's a possibility of it and I'm probably the only person who gets excited about snow in October. Especially where we live!

I am hearing...the dryer working away in the basement. The clock ticking reminding me that Haven will only be asleep for a little while longer.

Around the house...the kitchen needs swept and the carpet needs vacuumed. I am resolved to clean a few cupboards this week as well.

One of my favorite things...going to bed on a Sunday night with a thankful heart for a fun, but productive weekend.

Plans for the week...learning about the letter "I" with Haven while making homemade ice cream, Indian vests, and instruments. Taking lots of pictures of our little ladybug for Trick or Treat. Enjoying a meal with good friends on Friday night. Beating Cale at Boggle a few more times.

No comments: