Friday, January 8, 2010

Rough start

The first week of the new year hasn't been that great; it's actually kind of stunk. I had high hopes, but instead went to bed almost every night feeling discouraged, disheartened and defeated. Thankfully that's a place I don't have to stay and God used an amazing little book I got as a Christmas gift to encourage my weary heart. Here are a few snippets from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young that have hit me right where I'm at this week. I pray that you are encouraged, too!

-Rejoice in Me always. This is a moment-by-moment choice.

-In My Presence you have infinite approval...You are indeed a slave when you try to measure yourself through any perspective but Mine.

-Your problems feel so heavy because you have given them too much power. Every time you focus on them and forget about Me, you empower them a bit more.

Hoping for a weekend of resting in Him and realigning my mind!


3 comments:

jenny said...

I'm loving this little book too...very profound! Hope next week is better!

Marisa said...

I needed to read the last one! It's starting to "set-in" and has been a more difficult day. Thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

yeah, this book is kickin my tail this week.