Saturday, May 29, 2010

One year ago...

One year ago today I saw this picture for the first time and was instantly in love.

I think of Referral Day as the day when Mati joined our family. We hadn't met him yet, but we knew he was ours. It was like the moment in the delivery room when the baby is finally born and the doctor says, "It's a boy!" A year ago today, our family coordinator was like the doctor. She shared all the pertinent information about this child who was ours...in an instant, our family changed. And we've been better for it ever since!

A year later, we've got one healthy, happy guy who lights up our family with his smile and laughs. Mati is a tangible representation of the goodness of God and the amazing way He works in our lives. And I praise God that every day of my life, I get to see this face and have him chase me down in his trademark run, arms swinging, to give me a kiss.
"For great is His love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever.
Praise the LORD!"
Psalm 117:2

Read the full account of our Referral Day here.

3 comments:

Amber said...

in tears just thinking about that day and all that the Lord has done since!!!

Marisa said...

So glad Mati is part of your family and that I have the pleasure of knowing this sweet little boy!

Traci said...

You certainly know how to make this girl cry! Goodness! He's a sweet, sweet boy!!