Monday, January 17, 2011

A family weekend

How quickly a week passes!  This week seemed especially full and busy, perhaps because 12 people joined the four of us the last 4 days.  It's been a little wild around here, but we've loved it.  Here's some highlights:

-Celebrating Christmas with my brothers and their families.  We did things differently this year and I think it was a huge success on so many levels.
-Watching the Steelers win on Saturday with a room full of other fans.  Much yelling, eating and a good time all around.
-Celebrating not one, not two, but three birthdays: me, my brother and my sister-in-law.  What does it say about me that I got a hooded sweatshirt, a Wii game and a blender for my birthday?
-Visiting my grandma (who's not my grandma) and needing a large room to hold 16 of us and all the memories we share.  She's not been the healthiest, so I'm so glad we all go to see her yesterday.  She was too.
-Playing lots of games, feeding many mouths and getting a ton of hugs makes for a great weekend in my book.

No comments: