Sunday, June 24, 2007

This and that

The following list is a great example of the randomness of life around here lately. I would apologize for the list format, but I really think that we're all better off that way.


1. Haven has been sick all week and now has a rash all over her body. She seems to be feeling okay, but I didn't think it was the best idea to have her around other little kiddos. So that means that we have laid low and not done all our normal weekend things like church and house church. It's been weird to have so much free time. Kinda nice for a change, especially after our really busy weekend that we had last week.


2. Five days until we leave for vacation! I just have to do all the grocery shopping to feed everyone all week. I am the official family meal planner, purchaser and preparer. It's a bit of a job, but I do enjoy it. The only downside is having to go to several different stores with a child in tow. Thankfully, my mom is coming here on Tuesday so she will be able to help out with the Hay.



3. Cale and I also do what we call "Tent Time" on our family vacations (aptly named because last year we had our lessons in the tent) with our 4 older nieces and nephews. Last year we taught them about different aspects of God and the way they can relate to Him (example: God made my ears to hear His Word.) Each lesson had subsequent motions to be learned. The kids really seemed to enjoy it and we really value the time we have to share God's truth with them. This year we are teaching about the Fruits of the Spirit. We actually just finished up our lesson plan and I am really looking forward to all the fun activities we have planned.



4. Amber and I are almost done with the conference room at church. Yippee! We have received nothing but positive feedback about it which has made us feel good about all our efforts. We have some final details to work out and a room to re-paint, but that's nothing compared to what we've already accomplished. I will have to post some pics of it when we are done.



5. I am excited because I just bought The Jesus Storybook Bible on Amazon. I have heard really good things about it and seen a few of the pages and it looks incredible. I can't wait to get it. And because Amazon is so tricky, I just had to find another book to buy so I could get my FREE Super Saving Shipping. My FREE shipping only cost me $17 because I decided to purchase There is No Me Without You. I already wrote about how profoundly this book impacted me and decided it's one I would like to have to share with other people. So money well spent, I think!



6. I read this great post yesterday that I would recommend to anyone. It has encouraged me in my role as a wife and mom and as a keeper of our home. There really is a lesson to be learned by the mundane tasks of life! Go read it!



7. Cale received this for Father's Day last week. Haven loves to watch him fly it around the house. Coincidentally, she has started saying uh-oh this week. Cale has also had to purchase new parts for it. Interesting.



8. No house church tonight means I need to fix an entire meal for us, not just part of one like I usually do on a Sunday. I read a recipe the other day for these delicious, healthy sandwiches and decided that we're gonna give them a shot. I know you're really concerned about what we're having for dinner, but I am excited to be making something new so deal with it! And then go look at the recipe and be jealous that you aren't invited to dinner at my house tonight! You might also find yourself becoming a fan of The Pioneer Woman, and rightly so.

And I think that about wraps it up. Thank goodness!

No comments: