Monday, July 30, 2007

The pool and some poo

Yesterday we finally broke out Haven's little pool in the backyard. It hasn't really been super hot here lately, so we haven't had a real chance to use it until now. The pool was a major hit and she spent a happy hour in it yesterday afternoon and then took another dip after dinner.

It was really warm again this afternoon so I thought I would let her play out there for a bit before nap time. She was having a great time splashing around and dumping water all over herself. After about 20 minutes she decided it would fun to step in and out of the pool. I firmly told her this was not a good idea and that she needed to sit back down and play. After the fifth time of her in-and-outness, I decided I should get up and physically make her sit down in the pool. It was then that the smell hit. And I realized why she didn't want to sit down in the pool anymore. And I got nervous about what awaited me.

This discovery was made while on the phone with Cale. Needless to say, I all but hung up on him as I rushed Haven inside to see what deposits she had decided to make. Now I was a nanny for several different families before we got married. I have had to deal with my fair share of poo in bodies of water (usually bath tubs, which I can now say is a much worse situation). But my sweet Haven had not yet made me deal with this particular situation. Until today. When Haven swims she wears a washable swim diaper. This has worked well for us. Until today. Actually, it did do it's job today and will hopefully come clean in the wash and live to do it's job again.

I won't gross you out with the details, but let's just say we didn't come in a minute too soon. And it took a towel, several wipes and a rug to get her cleaned up. And then everything was immediately thrown into the washing machine. The pool water dumped, and the toys sanitized.

That's a lot of work for such a little pool, and such a little person! She's worth it though!

Pool fun before the *incident*!

No comments: