Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday ramblings

I am having a hard time believing it's Wednesday already. I kept thinking in the back of my mind that I needed to get around to writing a post. It never happened. There's no lack of material; I always feel like I have 5 different ideas swirling around in my head. It just hasn't been important to me to translate those thoughts into cohesive sentences for anyone else to read. Sometimes that's important to me; lately, not so much.

The bottom line is that I've just chosen to spend my time doing other things. Today was filled with wonders of domesticity as I baked bread and scrubbed the kitchen on my hands and knees. I have been spending more time just relaxing and reading with Cale. Amber and I went out to a movie last minute Tuesday night. Cale and I had a date night. Haven completed her first masterpiece- she finger-painted for the first time. We've spent hours playing on the porch enjoying her new elephant slide. She laughed the entire way upstairs as she experienced her first piggy-back ride. Plans are being made for our anniversary trip. Little projects are being crossed off my to-do list. I'm enjoying cooking and going out to the back yard to get fresh herbs for dinner.

And as a totally random side note, Cale and I have a new favorite. We are attempting to procure Charlie and Lola DVDs because we watched the show once at my brother's house and haven't stopped talking about it. Charlie, I'm far too busy coloring-in to do computers. (Yes, it's a children's show and Haven doesn't watch tv, but we love it anyways! The accents, the catchy English phrases; what's not to love!?!) We know we're dorks, but we're totally okay with that.


And because this post is just so random, why not finish it off with a completely unrelated photo?! Well, not completely unrelated because Gibson and Haven are standing on the aforementioned slide in the picture. And they are cute, so what more do you want??!!!

No comments: