Friday, July 27, 2007

What's for dinner?

I've got cooking on the brain. Not sure if it's because I just put this peach cobbler in the oven or because I just changed my mind and decided to fix this for dinner. Or maybe if it's because every blog I like to read has been posting recipes of late. It's quite the trend and one that I want to get in on. Seeing all these delicious sounding recipes just reinforces an issue that I am currently dealing with...what to fix for dinner?!

But it's not in the sense you might think. I am having a hard time narrowing it down each week when I do my meal planning. I get a plethora of magazines with lots of great suggestions. I occasionally watch a tv show with more great ideas. I have stacks of cookbooks in my pantry. And then there are the folders and folders of recipes on my trusty laptop. How to pick just six for a weeks worth of meals?!! There is always something new I want to try, while not leaving our old favorites in the dust. Thankfully, Cale is easy to please and has only once not eaten something I fixed. (And to defend myself, it wasn't something I cooked- it was a sauce mix from Trader Joe's that we both found disgusting.) He certainly has his favorites, but he's definitely got an easy to please palette and he's also willing to try new things without coercion. It sounds silly, but it truly is delightful to cook for someone who really likes everything you make and is not shy in telling you as much.

Anyways, back to my dilemma... too many good recipes, too few nights of the week. I guess I just need to be thankful for options and variety and it will all work out in the end. There's always tomorrow night!

Now dinner is over and our bellies are full of Pepper Pasta Salad, some yummy bread from Panera and this delicious dipping oil. It was the first time I made it, but I think it will be come a regular fixture around here. Our peach cobbler is going to have to wait awhile for things to settle down.

No comments: