Sunday, November 18, 2007

Kate and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week

I'm not even sure where to begin. The last six days of my life have been a circus. I really have no desire to recount all the grueling details of the week, but thought perhaps a list of words would communicate how crazy life has been at our house.

A face plant (Haven)
New windows
Lead caution and DANGER tape
Swollen, bruised nose (Haven)
Doctor's appointments
Broken nose?
No- Praise the Lord!
Wrong sized window
Lost money
Death in the family
Funeral
Displaced from home
Sickness (Haven and Kate)
Impromptu hotel stay
Grumpy, irritable child
Inept government agencies complicating our life
Renovation dust everywhere
Lots of cleaning
Nice new windows
Finally!

So I am ready for a new week and trying desperately to get things back in order before we head out of town. I'm ready to put all the craziness of the week behind me and look ahead to celebrating with family. In spite of the craziness of life (especially this week), there is much to be thankful for. And tonight I'm especially thankful that His mercies are new each morning.

No comments: