Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Queen of my castle

Sunday I was declared Queen for the Day by my loving husband. He knows that I have been feeling a bit stressed lately and that I could use some free time. It was a grand gesture that I greatly appreciated. However, I failed to fully utilize my power and position on the day. I realized that it's impossible for me to not do things for Cale and Haven, especially when I am not doing something else at the moment. It is just simply who I am to want to take care of them and to do it automatically.

It is also very much a part of me to want to be with them. Before the royal decree was made, we had plans to shop for our Operation Christmas Child boxes. I really wanted us to do our shopping and choosing as a family so we ended up spending our whole morning doing just that. We had a great time trying to find things that we thought other children would like and have all our boxes ready to drop off at church this weekend. It was fun, but it wasn't alone time.

The rest of the day filled up easily as we had house church that evening. I kept thinking that I needed to just GO if I was going to do something on my own, but I never made it out the door. And that's okay. I love taking care of the family the Lord has blessed me with. And I love that I have a husband who is willing to give me breaks when I need them. I told Cale that I didn't feel like I had taken full advantage of my day when we crawled into bed that night, but that I did have a good day. He told me we would just have to try again next weekend!

And that is just one of the million reasons why I am the luckiest girl!

No comments: