Sunday, July 20, 2008

Finding my way

I have had a rough week. Nothing life-shattering in the grand scheme of things, but a pile of disturbances that have toppled me over more then once in the last few days. I wish I could tell you that I have handled it well. I wish I could say that I've been trusting the Lord the way that I should. I wish I could say that I haven't allowed my circumstances to overwhelm me.

But I've kind of made it a point to not lie so I won't tell you those things.

I've floundered and doubted and questioned and taken my eyes off the only One that really matters. I've complained and stressed and tried to figure things out by myself. Not surprisingly, I didn't get very far before something else blindsided me. I hate the place I've allowed myself to be the last few days.

But I love the One who has cleared my vision and lifted my burdens and given me a firm place to stand.

Has everything suddenly worked out? Of course not. But that's not what I'm going for. I'm just trying to find my way following the One who never leads me wrong.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Praying for you and looking forward to catching up tonight at Bible study. May God give you HIS peace.