Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Merry Christmas to me: Part 2

We have had an insanely busy week. Haven and I have had a crazy amount of running around that was necessary this week and it's left us both a bit out of sorts and my house neglected. But the craziness is subsiding and I'm looking forward to a long holiday weekend. Much of the busyness has been good stuff, including where I went last night. I had my second cooking class as part of my Christmas present from Cale.

Last nights class was Pies and Tarts and it was a great time. Unlike my first class, this one was part demonstration and part participation. Everyone got a chance to help make part of the recipes (I made a chocolate ganache for the tart). We made a Triple Berry Pie with a Granola Crust (my favorite!), a Chocolate Macadamia Nut and Caramel Tart and a Meringue Topped Banana Cream Pie. The instructor was great and the whole class was really relaxed and fun. I'm not sure that I will make the tart or banana cream pie anytime soon, but I'm planning on trying the (no-bake) berry pie this weekend. It was so good- different and easy!

Sadly, I've used up my Christmas gift at this point, but I am hooked on these classes. I am sure that I'm going to have more in my future. Too bad Christmas is sooo far away!

No comments: