Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mexi what?

My sister-in-law is a vegetarian, so it's a concept and a word that Haven's familiar with. We eat a lot of meat-less meals around here and last week we happened to eat three of them in a row. On the third night of our veggie-rama, I was teasing Cale about the lack of meat in our diet and that I was going to turn him into a vegetarian yet. Haven was asking if we knew any other people who were vegetarians; then she asked what we were. Laughingly I told her we were flexitarians, to which Cale snickered because he thinks that's a silly, made-up word. Haven paused for a minute and then said, "What are we again? Mexi-tarians?"

Oh, if there were such a thing, we would TOTALLY be it! Any other Mexi-tarians out there?!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

So cute! We love us some good Mexican food. After you mentioned the Mexican Lasagna it landed itself a place on our menu for this week. I'm really looking forward to trying it!

jess said...

ME! ME! ME! Haven and I are going to start our own Mexi-tarian gang to rival Caroline!!!

jenny said...

Oh that's too funny! And I'm right there with Haven, we love some mexican food too and we might just have to go all "mexi-tarian" here! Thanks for the recipe also! Can't wait to make it...I think it will be on next week's list of meals!