Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fullness

Yesterday was one of those days that made me feel full and happy and thankful and satisfied. It was a day spent with several different friends and lots of good conversation. Challenging, encouraging, uplifting, silly, real life stuff sharing. It makes me so thankful to have godly women walking alongside me as we strive to be the godly wives and mamas He has called us to be. I couldn't do it with out their encouragement and support!

Haven and I had a busy day together as she had a little play date with her birthday buddy, Noah. The were both born last February 3 and we met each other at church as we were standing out in the hallway with fussy babies! It's been fun to watch the kids growing and changing and his mom and I love having time to catch up with each other. Haven and Noah are really sweet together for the most part. There was an unfortunate incident involving Haven pushing Noah off the couch, but I am trying to move past that and not dwell on the possibility that my daughter is aggressive and pushy-literally!

I had about a two minute turn around until our next afternoon plans rolled in. I meet every week with my friend, Amy, from our house church. She and I are going through a discipleship book together called Discipleship Essentials: A Guide to Building Your Life in Christ. I can't possibly recommend this book highly enough. This is my second time going through it and it's fantastic. It has very basic, foundational principles that it walks through but is done in such a way that regardless of how long you have been walking with the Lord you will get something out of it. The first time I was part of a group with someone who had been a follower of Christ for almost 30 years and a baby believer and myself. We all were challenged and gained new insight as we studied it together. Amy and I are both really enjoying doing the study together and have had some awesome conversations. It's pure joy to watch someone falling more in love with Jesus and to see their understanding, knowledge and insight expanding all the time. I love it! And I feel so honored that God has allowed me to join her on this part of her journey.

Cale came home only to turn around and leave again so we could go pick up my car at the garage. Sweet relief met me their when I turned my car on and the air conditioning worked again!! Praise the Lord! Now some might be reading this and think that I am a bit spoiled and should just be thankful I even have a car and not be picky that the AC didn't work. But let me just stop you right there. I have driven several cars with no AC. In fact I even had a car that power steering was optional in. So I can tough it out with no AC if necessary. My greater concern was for my poor sweet child strapped into her car seat who couldn't catch a breeze to cool her little body off. (And to prove that I am really not spoiled in terms of cars- we have manual windows. Do you even know what those are, people? Do they even make cars that don't have power windows anymore? I doubt it!!) All of the above concerns added to the fact that Dayton has to be one of the most humid places I have ever lived and it seemed down right necessary to get it fixed. And it works and I am thankful! And cool.

I left Cale and Haven at the garage and went to meet my Girl's Night Out collaborator, Amber. We headed to a local beauty college for a bit of pampering- a pedicure! This was Amber's first time sharing in the joys of a pedicure and I am certain it won't be her last! We got to sit still and be taken care of and talk uninterrupted for an entire hour. It was lovely. And we walked out of there with cute feet to boot!

By default we ended up going to dinner at delightful place called Sips Cafe and Bar. We had one of the best meals I have had out in a long time. It was a great atmosphere (well there was karaoke towards the end, but it was funny!) and fabulous food. And reasonably priced which is always a bonus for me. We couldn't stop talking about how good it was! It is definitely on the books for mine and Cale's next date night. (Speaking of which-we need to schedule our May date nights!) Amber and I just had a great evening talking and laughing and reliving great eating experiences. There will soon be a post about my best day ever that revolved heavily around food and wine and my husband. In that order.

Amber and I rounded out the evening with a quick stop at TJ Maxx and purchased some cute, um, no cool, shorts for our husbands. Yes, they were identical, but I am sure that they will look equally fine on both of them. Did I mention they were plaid?!! I love them and Cale looks hot in them, so they are a definite keeper!

I arrived home to a clean kitchen, sleeping child and happy husband! What more can a girl ask for out of one simple, unassuming Wednesday? I am blessed.

No comments: