Friday, May 11, 2007

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Well, it's Friday already. There has been a lot going on around here lately and so the only thing I've got for you is a list. That way I don't have to exert an incredible amount of energy trying to write about things in such away that they would flow together.

1. We are leaving home again. We head out this afternoon to go to Nashville to my brother's house. We will be there until Sunday morning and then we drive to Atlanta where we will be all next week for Cale's job. Another week in a hotel. We leave Atlanta next Friday afternoon in order to head back to Nashville for my six year old niece's first dance recital. The whole family is coming for the big event and the weekend will also include some birthday celebrations. Ten days away from home, not so much my favorite, but worth it when we get to see the entire fam!

2. We spent two hours at Children's Urgent Care with Haven last night. To make a long story short, we were relived to walk out of there knowing that she was fine and we could leave town without any major concern. (But she does have two dime sized lesions in her mouth where she bit down hard on her cheeks!)

3. I finished The Other Boleyn Girl early last week and am just now getting around to letting you in on that terribly exciting news! The book starts out a little slow, but I found myself caught up in the lives of the people and wanting to know what happened (even though I kind of knew from a historical perspective how it all turned out.) If you like historical fiction then I would recommend this book. Disclaimer-There are some scandalous "situations" in the book, but they are definitely a reflection of the times and aren't there just because they author was trying to tell a juicier story. I'm into Sense and Sensibility and have found it enjoyable thus far. I also started reading Hinds Feet on High Places (for the third time) this week and I just love this book. The Lord always has something new to teach me about myself and about Him when I read this book and I am looking forward to the lessons that await me.

4. Today is my sweet niece, Anna's, sixth birthday. I will never forget the day she was born. I was in Benin, West Africa finishing up the outreach portion of my Discipleship Training School with Youth With a Mission. Anna joined this world via cesarean section and I waited all day long to get a message that she was here. My classmates chipped in and bought me a very expensive phone card so I could use the only phone we had access to in our village to call my brother and sister-in-law and check on them. It was hard to be so far away from them during such a special time and made my first meeting of Anna that much sweeter. I love this girl so much and take such joy seeing her growing into a compassionate, gentle and kind person.

5. Haven's new favorite of the week: her swing! And a picture to illustrate!




Happy Mom's Day to all my sweet mom friends out there!

No comments: