Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A mind full of nothing

I'm sure that I'm the only who lies in bed at night trying to fall asleep and instead find myself coming up with the start of a post that is witty, intelligent, articulate and funny. When I find my way to the computer the next day I try to dig that witty post out of the recesses of my brain. I'm hugely unsuccessful.

I'm not sure where the excellent post I composed last night has gone to, but if it's still in my head it is certainly lost forever. I have much more important things to remember like what I was wearing at any given basketball game from 7th-12th grade. And what we ate for dinner three weeks ago last Tuesday. It's sad, but true; my brain is filled with untold amounts of useless information. And if you think it's scary that I can remember what I was wearing every Tuesday and Friday night for 6 years, I won't even tell you that I can also remember what other people were wearing. In fact many of my memories are clear in my mind based on remembering what clothes I had on, which I find somewhat ironic. I am no fashionista, not by a long shot. I am more a jeans, t-shirt and flip flops kinda girl. (Or a sweater and boots given the season.) But for some reason, my brain has decided to record my memories and categorize them based on my attire.

In other breaking news, our water heater blew up on Saturday night. We were sitting in the living room and felt jolts of electricity under our feet and went to the basement to discover water all over the place and that lovely electric smell lingering in the air. A trip to Sears, Home Depot and two different Lowe's and we were the proud owners of a new water heater. Two days, one plumber and several hundred dollars poorer and we were blessed to take hot showers once again.

Thankfully, Cale in his great handiness was able to do most of the plumbing work. He had a few pesky leaks he couldn't get rid of and so the big guns were called in. The best hundred dollars ever spent because I got to spend time with my husband rather than hear him thumping around in the basement for hours on end.

And speaking of spending time together, last night was date night. We have a good deal going in that every month we swap a date night with friends of ours. We babysit for their two kids and then they watch Haven. We have been doing it for over a year and it has been great. It's much easier now that Haven and Gibson play together and don't need as much hands-on. We had a great time last night watching "Amazing Grace" (which I would recommend) and going out to dinner at a place I won't mention because I wouldn't recommend it. We need to have date night more often!

I'm sure it's sad to see this post end seeing as how it's been so informative and interesting, but I am in desperate need of using that blessed hot water again. And besides- I have a lot on my mind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You remember things by recalling what you remember? Hmm. I should try that. It might work for my forgetful mind too.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/