Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I've been tagged....4x4

Jess tagged me for this 4x4 meme. And because it's an easy out, I'm going to comply.

-4- Jobs I've had:

*Nanny- I spent several years while living in Cleveland working as a nanny for five different families. I worked for a fantastic family the year before we got married and I truly loved those kids. Their daughter was the flower girl in our wedding.

*Intern- I spent my first summer in Cleveland as a Children's Ministry Intern. This was a challenging time for me, but I got to work with some wonderful people and I learned so much. Little pay and lots of hours for minimal results build character. At least I hope they did!

*Personal assistant- This was hands down my favorite job. I have worked for two different people in this capacity and I loved never knowing what the day held. Sometimes I spent the day working in the office and others I was completely out and about running errands, taking care of business. There was even an occasional afternoon spent babysitting or doing laundry and because it was different all the time I really didn't mind. It was a fun job!

*Missionary/office manager/financial assistant/general laborer- I didn't have one specific job title while we served with Christ's Hope International, but really did whatever needed done that day. I certainly spent a good portion of my time in the office putting my administrative skills to use. Not "typical" mission wok, but necessary work (although sometimes not enough of it!).

-4- Shows I tivo:

*My tivo is called the VCR. Do you people remember these archaic devices? We do not have cable so our tv experience is pretty limited and we like it that way. That's not to say that there aren't a few shows that I always watch (or at least tape on the VCR to watch later). Hands down favorite is Friday Night Lights. It's the best show on television and if you aren't watching it you're crazy!

*We have been missing new episodes of The Office here at our house. Thankfully we have been able to get a fix by watching old episodes online.

*Since we don't have The Food Network, the closest I can get to a cooking show is The Rachael Ray Show. I could easily do without all the other stuff she does on her show, but suffer through it for the cooking, because (hate her if you want) the girl can cook. We are always trying out one of her recipes and there hasn't been a bad one yet.

*I can't really thing of a fourth show that I love. I think that's probably a good thing.

-4- Places I've been

*This is a hard one to narrow down since I am such a world traveller (um, right). I should probably pick the more exotic and exciting ones so it makes me sound cooler. We'll start with my absolute favorite- Cape Town, South Africa. Gorgeous city, tons to do, amazing history and delicious food. If we ever get a chance to go back to that part of Africa we will definitely go there again. I loved it there.

*Western Coast of Puerto Rico- I have been there twice on Spring Break missions trips. Life changing experiences in phenomenal surroundings. White sand beaches, the bluest blue water, mountains and rain forests. Puerto Rico has it all. I also love the Spanish culture and found it exhilrating and full of life. Cale and I always talk about going back together.

*The Canadian Rockies in Alberta, Canada- This is where we spent our honeymoon travelling around to three different lodges in three different towns. Breathtaking views, the love of my life and several hotel upgrades made for a fantastic trip.

*Cotonou, Benin, West Africa- I lived on the Mercy Ship Anastasis for three months while training with Youth With A Mission. I then lived out in a small village called Paou for three months. One of the most growing times in my life and where I began my love/hate relationship with the continent of Africa.

-4- Foods I Love:

*I'm pretty boring so my first one is pizza- traditional, bbq chicken, spinach, thai- any way i can fix it, we'll eat it.

*Bread- in almost any variety. I especially love my own homemade bread. I could live on that alone if it became necessary.

*I'm going to have to go with Jess and say clementines. We eat them like crazy during the winter and will be sad to see spring arrive and take them away from us. All good things must come to end I guess. There's always next year.

*I really love a good salad and eat at least one, if not two a day. Nothing fancy- romaine, spinach, mushrooms, red bell peppers, green onions, carrots and maybe some grape tomatoes when they are in season. Love, love, love them. Makes me want to go eat one right now. Oh and put some sunflower seeds or toasted almonds on top. Delish. Maybe some craisins or golden raisins, too.

That was actually a lot harder then I thought it would be. Who else will play along? Amber? Jenny? Any other takers?

No comments: