Friday, December 12, 2008

Just a little off

Tiny little snowflakes are falling out the window and I'm curled up on the couch, with a book, a blanket and a box of kleenex. It's been an off week at our house. I'm more aware today, then ever, that I set the tone for our home and when I'm off my game, we all are. I haven't felt well all week and today the results of that are everywhere I look; a load of laundry in the dryer from Tuesday that I still haven't folded, a dishwasher that needs emptied so another load can go in, floors that need vacuumed and a stack of Christmas projects that Haven and I have yet do. Cale has been unusually swamped with work so like I already said, it's been an off week.

I haven't been so happy to see a Saturday looming in front of me in quite some time. I've got a long list of things I hope to accomplish for the weekend, but for today, for this afternoon, I'm going to watch these little snowflakes trying hard to be classified as "snowing" and enjoy my book.


************************************************************
I know I mentioned this book before, but it's worth repeating! Go here and read Noel Piper's thoughts on "Especially Christmas". Gentle reminders on why we celebrate and helpful ideas on sharing that with our kids.

No comments: