Tuesday, March 23, 2010

notes from today...

Today was Haven's last day of Tuesday School. Boo, sniff. She has had a great year and we have loved her teachers. Sunday night is the big program. Haven informed me that it is the big finale which is a fancy way of saying the end, ala Fancy Nancy.

I ate not one, not two, but all three of my meals out today. That is a very rare occurrence and not something I'm proud of, but it was delicious. Timmy's for my morning bagel. Chick-fil-a for lunch to celebrate a sweet girl's birthday. Dinner was at The Spaghetti Warehouse thanks to a coupon I found for $4.99 Spaghetti and Meatballs. Man, was it good! The four of us ate there for $14 and brought enough home for Cale to take for lunch tomorrow. Who knew the food was so good there?!

On the drive home tonight Haven asked if we saw pictures of her on the computer (an ultrasound) when she was in my belly. We told her yes. Then she asked if she sent us an email to tell us that her name was supposed to be Haven. Seriously? This girl is too much!

We have no heat. Again. We always seem to let ourselves run out of oil at least once a year. At least it's not in the midst of a snowstorm. (We've done that before!) I keep going over to the thermostat to turn it up a degree or two because I'm cold and the blank screen just mocks me. So we'll be snuggled under the down comforter extra deep tonight with the space heater on high!

Tonight we started what I hope we'll become a new tradition for our family (no, not $4.99 spaghetti and meatballs! although there would be nothing wrong with that!). I followed this guide and made our family a set of Resurrection Eggs. Each day leading up to Easter we'll open one up and it will tell part of Jesus' story. I think it's going to be a great way to talk about what Jesus did for us in an engaging way with the kids.

And that was Tuesday around here.




1 comment:

jess said...

boy you were busy! sounds like you had a GREAT day!