Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy hearts

We've been doing a little Valentine crafting here the last few days.  Some projects have worked out better then others, but this one was a complete hit!  The original idea I saw was to paint circles overlapping one another, but I thought it would be fun to try it with hearts for Valentine's Day.  And it worked out perfectly!


I used a cookie cutter and watered down black watercolors to trace the heart shapes.  I'd recommend tracing the inside of your cookie cutter, not the outside.  Wish I would have thought of that before I got to the end.

Then Haven got to work painting in all the different sections.  She tried hard to get nice bright colors by using less water.  She worked diligently for almost 40 minutes and here was the result! (Gotta love the crazy hair and squinty eyes!)

The pictures don't do the color justice- it really is bright and happy! I loved this project probably more then Haven did.  We will definitely do it again with the circles and I will make one for myself to paint, too!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Love this idea! Very cheerful! Good job, Haven!

Amber said...

super cute! a little late for us to do it for valentines but will have to do it w/another shape soon!

jenny said...

Really fun project! Agree with Amber, may have to try this with some other shapes.