Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Favorites

I don't know about you, but today was just a lazy day.  Doesn't help that 4 out of 4 of us aren't feeling that great.  Good thing we've got a wide-open weekend ahead of us and can do whatever we please.  We need a weekend like that.  And because I've got nothing better to say, I'll now share some new favorites, in no particular order.

-New album: Gungor Beautiful Things I might be the last one to get on the Gungor train, but I'm glad I did.  My brother got me hooked and I'm totally enjoying this music.  Very chill, kinda funky worship music.


-New book: Doodle Dolls which contains hundreds of outfits to color and decorate for paper dolls.  Haven picked this out with some birthday money and she's already spent hours playing with it.  It's a great value on Amazon- we paid much more for it at Target.  I would highly recommend this if you've got a daughter with any sort of artistic interest, especially at this price!

-New fun thing: I had to get a new phone a few weeks ago.  It's much nicer then anything I've ever had, but I've got to be honest and tell you that my favorite part is the cute case I could pick out.  And to think I almost bought a boring red one at the phone store.  I would have missed out on this little spot of happy!

-New recipe: Haven and I watched Rachael Ray make Grilled Chicken and Bacon Mac & Cheese on her tv show a few weeks ago and she turned to me and said, "Mom, you've got to make that!"  So I did and we all loved it.  Not so much a healthy dish, but well worth it.  Made even better by a new item at Trader Joe's- a white sharp cheddar and Gruyere cheese mix.  I don't know how they make it, but it's delicious and was perfect for this recipe.

-New show: Have I mentioned how much I enjoy Netflix, especially now that we watch through our Wii?  Well, I do.  This week we started (and finished) watching a new show via Netflix that Cale and I both absolutely loved, Downton Abbey. It's the story of a family and it's servants in early 1900's England.  It's witty, charming, smart and engaging.  There were only seven episodes, but we were hooked from the start and are excited that it's been renewed for next year.  I'm sad there's no more to watch right now.  If you like Jane Austen at all, you will love this show!

Anything new that you've been enjoying?  Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Amber said...

it's so funny, i was listening to gungor today and thought, "does kate know about them?" but after i'd already sent you 500 emails today i figured i wouldn't send another. thanks for the doodle doll recommendation, might have to purchase that tonight!