Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Saturday

Productive is not a word that I'd use to describe myself of late.  But today, today we made up for it and it's with great satisfaction I can sit on the couch and veg for the rest of the evening!  I got a bunch crossed off my to-do list today; sadly, the list is still quite long.  But here's a few accomplishments:

-Washed every one's bed linens and hopefully all the nasty germs that have been lingering around here.

-Rearranged Haven's bedroom.  It's been the same for 2.5 years.  I love this house, but its rooms are not created for furniture variety.  But we made the most of it in Hay's room and I think I like the change.

-Got a head start on Valentine's for Haven's school party this week.  Have I mentioned how much I love my Silhouette?!

-As seen above, I also gave myself a manicure.  And a pedicure.  And dyed my hair.  It was a veritable salon around here!

-Painted tiny toenails sparkly pink.

-Cooked something new for dinner that was a hit: Crock-pot Lettuce Wraps.  The kids opted for rice bowls, but Cale and I ate ours in some lovely red leaf lettuce topped with mushrooms, scallions, shredded carrots and cilantro.

-Tried Siracha for the first time (see above).  We are not usually spicy people, so I was surprised how much I liked it.  Haven tried it, thought she liked it and then her lips starting burning. Mati ate it no problem.  He's a true Ethiopian with taste buds of steel I think.
-Ate some more of the pink castle cake that is never-ending.  What you can't tell that's a castle?  Well, you wouldn't be the only one!  Although Haven said it was prettier then the one in the book.  And her approval is the only one I cared about!

And now I'm going to sit in my cleaner-then-it's-been-in-three-week-house and watch a movie.  Hope you're having a good weekend!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Productive, indeed! Looks like great day. And for the record, I love Haven's cake. And her Valentines cards rock!

jenny said...

Love the cake! SO cute! Glad you are getting back into a normal routine again!

Amber said...

i think the cake is adorable! looks delish and definitely looks like she was in love with it. can't wait to see what you did w/her room!