Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mati's New Wall

Mati moved to a big boy bed last November and since then I've wanted to re-do the wall over his bed.  That wall previously held his dresser and the rocking chair so we had a mirror and a print on the wall.  Back in March we bought a few little pieces to re-do the wall and they've sat in his room since then.  Until Saturday when I had had enough.  I really wanted to get it done, but I also know you can't force yourself to be creative.  I had an empty canvas I wanted to use but wasn't too sure what to do with it...but then inspiration hit and I'm happy with it.  It's nothing really original, but it works great in his room.
 A blank canvas, quickly painted and then his name cut out with the Silhouette with some paper in my stash.  A little twine, a few triangles and you've got yourself some pennants!  Cute!
And the whole wall view- I promise things don't look this crooked in person!  I even straightened everything before I took the picture.  If I were a perfectionist I would go take another picture. I'd also go fix the bumps in his bed so it looked nicer.  I'm not a perfectionist.  Good enough is more my style when it comes to stuff like this.  I'm so glad to have this little project done.  On to the next thing on my to-do list!

3 comments:

Amber said...

love it! so so cute! and the updated pics in his frame are adorable!

Marisa said...

I love it! Such a cute print hanging next to it too!

Jeni said...

Very cute!