Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer wreath

I've become a bit of a wreath person it seems in the last year.  I've found some great inspiration online and made a few myself.  I love jones design company and was enamored by her simple summer wreaths she posted a few weeks ago.  Hello?  She had me at jute twine!  Here's my take on her idea:

I used cute scrapbook paper from my stash although it made the pinwheels a little harder to work with because scrapbook paper is so thick.  I had to hot glue them together and then on to the wreath rather then just using the thumbtack.

It cost me less then $5 to make and only took about an hour and half to create.  Wrapping the twine always takes some time, but was much faster then wrapping yarn as I've done before.  I'm so happy with my finished project and it definitely reminds me summer!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I love your wreath! It's even cuter in person!