Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Heaviness

It is dark and cold out today. Unfortunately my heart feels much the same. It's not been the best day at our house; some based on circumstances and some are the result of how I've handed it all. We have had a rush of bad news today, some was bad news that only got worse and some was new. Either way, it stunk. And it still does.

I've been angry today- probably more so than I have ever been. Angry at people making stupid decisions. Angry at being out of control and at the mercy of people who don't have our best interests in mind. Angry at the cold heartedness of people. Angry at the timing of all of this stuff happening at once. Angry at how mad I have allowed myself to become.

All that anger makes for a long day. And a very heavy heart. I am very aware that it's my choice to carry all of this around. I'm choosing to not let it go and trust in the Lord. I'm letting myself be controlled by my emotions and circumstances.

Thankfully tomorrow is a new day. Tonight I will try to rest in this truth:

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22, 23

No comments: