Thursday, October 11, 2007

My new pastime

I have been spending my free time learning a new skill- quilting. Well, making squares to be quilted. I still don't have a clue how to actually quilt anything, but we'll get there eventually. My neighbors and I are making a quilt together that will be raffled off as a fundraiser for our community. We are making a modified crazy quilt and I have been making some of the "crazy" patches. It took me a while to warm up to the idea that anything goes and now I love the creativity that goes in to each square. We are using beautiful fabrics in browns, oranges, reds, blues and tans. I love that since there are six different women working on it, that all our patches will be different and somewhat an expression of our personalities and tastes. I can't wait to see it all put together.

I'm sure you will find this riveting, but I'm proud of my squares so here you go!
Starting off simple

A little more complicated, but not really!

This is my favorite and one I'm most proud of. Do you have any idea how long this took??!!

No comments: