Friday, August 1, 2008

Garden Dinner

Tonight's dinner is courtesy of the neighbors' garden. They loaded my arms last night with eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, pattypans and tomatoes. All those vegetables, plus an onion and a red pepper will be roasted in the oven with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Tossed with some whole wheat couscous, crumbled feta and topped with fresh thyme and chives from my garden. Delicious! We'll round it out with my double tomato bruschetta that is chilling in the fridge, some freshly baked bread and a salad. Maybe even a glass of iced tea.

Hello, August. I love your fresh produce.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

There is nothing better than fruit and veggies straight from the garden. I was one spoiled girl growing up!!! My parents had a huge garden and what we couldn't eat during the season my mom would can or freeze. Garden goodness year-round!