Friday, August 8, 2008

A good week

We've had a busy week; but it's been the best kind of busy. Filled with trips to the playground, good friends and getting things accomplished here at home. It's been the kind of week that makes me feel really blessed and loving the life we have. It's been good.

Haven turned 2 and a half on Sunday and spur of the minute we decided it would be fun to start a tradition of celebrating every one's half birthday. So we did! We worked on an art project that morning that I read about here. I love the way they turned out and they are now hanging in the play room. She painted the canvases herself and then we helped her do her hand and foot prints.


We had a fun day together- went to a museum, got out the pool to splash around in, had cake complete with singing and blowing out a candle. Haven loved it all!

I also had the chance to spend a lot of quality time with several of the great women in my life. Mom's Bible study ladies, my neighbor and old friends who just moved back to the area. Having gone through a friend drought various times in the past, I'm feeling very blessed by all these wonderful women.

A good, normal-life-stuff-kind-of-week. Here's to hoping that the weekend is more of the same!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Sounds like a fun week. Glad that I was able to be a small part of it. Getting together this week was definitely an encouraging spot to my week...thanks for that. Talk to you soon.

Marisa said...

Love the art project! Happy 1/2 birthday, Haven!