Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In with the new

I've never been more ready for a Monday then I was yesterday. I'm not usually a Monday fan. Thursdays are more my thing, but yesterday was an exception. Monday meant a healthy enough husband to return to work and a return to "normal" for me. If you ignore the wild, disobedient 2.5 year old, it was a lovely day.

In the midst of all our crazy the last few weeks I got an overwhelming urge to reorganize my life. I spent a good chunk of the weekend doing just that and am so pleased with the results. Granted, they haven't been time-tested yet, but they sure seem like good ideas!

I also spent part of the weekend putting together my home management notebook. I stole many of my ideas for it from Simple Mom and even used her basic framework to come up with my daily plan. I scrounged up an old small binder, prettied it up with some random scrapbook paper and gave it a place of prominence on my now, reorganized kitchen counter. I have found myself going to it instinctively to jot down a note or write something on the calendar or remind myself to do something. Again, it's only Day 2 of this new system, but I am feeling good about it. It just makes sense and I can quit wasting brain power trying to keep track of random bits of info. I have a feeling it will help me feel more productive as we go along; I love to check things off a list!

One little box on my daily plan sheets is for scripture memorization, an area that I constantly struggle with. And it's no accident that I was lead to this verse for my first week of my new system:


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." -Colossians 3:23, 24

The perfect reminder that all I do to serve my family, from the mundane to the tedious, I do it for the Lord. Serving and caring for my family is serving Him. My hope is that my new systems and plans help me to serve all the more effectively.

No comments: