Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tonsils are overrated

Today is Cale's last full day as the proud owner of his tonsils. Thursday afternoon he will be rid of them forever and hopefully rid of some of the problems that have been plaguing him for years. Nana's on her way to help with Haven while we are at the hospital and to keep her entertained when my patient demands more of my time then usual. I feel like I've been preparing all week; stockpiling cabinets and freezer with ice cream, smoothie ingredients, pudding, jello, sherbet, sorbet, juice, applesauce and instant mashed potatoes. I don't know what he will be able to eat when, but I can assure you I'll be prepared for pretty much anything he can swallow. If it's squishy, gelatinous, smooth, cool, or liquid you can bet I've got it.

Cale's confidence has almost completely disappeared after talking to the myriad of people we know who have had this procedure done as an adult. The procedure itself isn't the problem, but the recovery can be long and arduous. I love my husband profusely, but he is a big baby when it comes to pain. I'm not sure how he is going to handle it so prayers for grace and patience (for me!) and for the ability to rest, a quick recovery and good pain meds would be much appreciated. It could be a long couple of weeks for all of us!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

still praying for ya! Let me know if I can help in any way!