Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Falling" it

I am SO over summer. These hot and humid days are trying to steal my early September joy. Once September rolls around I am all about fall. I'm ready to pack away all things summer and break out the pumpkins and leaves and all manner of fall goodness. I assure you, I'm aware of the irony of putting out all my fallishness in my air conditioned home while the sun blazes 90 degrees (and humid) overhead. It's silly; and I'm okay with that. I'm pretending that its a cool, gray day and that the leaves are brilliant reds and yellows and that we're having soup for dinner. (Reality: It's HOT, sunny, the leaves are green as ever and Cale's gone so we are having whatever I can scrounge up for dinner.)

This is one of my new finds for this year and I love it. It makes our grumpy leather chair seem happy. It makes me happy.



Today's a happy day "falling" my house. Am I the only one trying to pretend that summer is over? Please tell me I'm not alone!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Nope, you're not alone. I'm sick of this hot weather and I'm ready to decorate, like you! I've already burned half of my pumpkin nutmeg pie candle. When it's so hot out I need encouragement that Fall is actually coming, so I light a Fall-ish candle. And it's great--gets the whole house smelling like Fall...only a few more weeks of humid summer.