Sunday, January 25, 2009

In the kitchen

I have spent a great deal of time this weekend in the kitchen churning out some good food. I'm not sure what was the motivator, but I am very pleased with the results. I was able to feed us well, share a few meals with my neighbor and put a few things away in the freezer.

-Multi grain pancakes
-Pinkalicious cupcakes (using a small batch recipe found here)
-Chicken cheese steaks with peppers
-Baked Pasta with Chicken sausage-2 pans
-2 loaves of my favorite French bread
-a huge pot of Double Chicken Dumpling Soup
-Peanut Butter Crunch Snack Balls -stored in the freezer so we can just get out a few at a time
-2 dozen mini blueberry oatmeal muffins
-banana strawberry and banana blueberry smoothies
-2 balls of whole wheat pizza dough- 1 in the freezer, 1 for tonight's BBQ chicken pizza
-1 loaf yogurt herb bread

Maybe it was the fact that I didn't really cook this past week on account of all the sickness ravaging our family, but whatever the reason it felt good to be so productive in the kitchen.

Time well spent this cold weekend!

No comments: