Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome home and the week to come

Haven and I welcomed Cale home Friday night from Orlando where he had spent the week attending a conference. We missed him A LOT, especially Haven who would wake up crying in the night for her Papa. It was sad! I knew she loved Cale, but who knew she was such a total Daddy's girl! As we drove to the airport Friday night Haven informed me that I was not allowed to take her to bed, "Only Papa because I missed him and I love him." Much of the weekend found Haven preferring Cale to me and I can assure you that I didn't mind being the second choice!

We had a good weekend catching up with each other and spending lots of time relaxing; it was great! Saturday night we got to celebrate my friend, J's, 30th Surprise Party that her husband threw off with out a hitch. She didn't have a clue and the look on her face was priceless when she walked in the house! Yesterday we didn't do much of anything except cheer on our Steelers to the AFC Championship game. There was much yelling, celebrating and high-fiving at our house!

And now we are back to Monday. It's a big week around here! These are the waning days of my 20's. I turn 30 (!) on Thursday and our week is a great mix of lunches out, getting together with friends, a lunch date with my favorite guy and a party to round it all on on Saturday night with all my family and closest friends coming to celebrate. And if all that weren't enough my favorite show, Friday Night Lights (also known as the best show on tv!) returns on Friday night. I can't wait!

Goodbye 29, hello 30!

No comments: