Tuesday, February 16, 2010

40 Days of Water


I just sucked down the dredges of an Iced Capp. It's the last I'll have for a few weeks. Starting tomorrow, Cale and I are participating in 40 Days of Water, a challenge from blood:water mission. The challenge is simply this: drink water as your only beverage for the next 40 days and save the money that you would have spent and donate it to be used to build wells in Africa where clean water is a luxury.

It just so happens that this coincides with the Lenten season and as we thought about it just seemed like something we were supposed to do. We both drink a lot of water anyways, but drinking water as our only beverage for 45 days (to be exact) stresses me out a little bit. In fact, I'm a little ashamed to admit how worried I am about this. No milk with my breakfast, no afternoon glass of iced tea, no Ice Capp on Tuesday mornings when Haven's at school...just water. I feel like this shouldn't be that hard, but I know it's going to be.

So if you see my with any thing but a nice tall glass of water in my hands between now and Easter Sunday you've got permission to call me out! Want to join us?

No comments: