Monday, February 15, 2010

Ski babes

We spent the weekend on a bit of a winter getaway. Like last year, we went to visit my mom and Cale and Haven hit the slopes at a ski resort near where I grew up in Western New York. We spent Thursday at the resort along with 85 kids from the school where my mom's a teacher and the areas Special Olympic skiers . It was a happening place! It didn't take long for her to catch on again and she wasn't quite so hard on Cale's back as she was last year!

Bundled up and ready to go!
My entertainment while the other two were skiing! He's good (and cute!) company!
A cold nose means some hot chocolate is needed.
I just adore the tiny skis!
Getting the hang of it again...
Well, kind of!

Cale and I spent Friday night up there, too and he snow boarded while I sat and read in the lodge. I also did quite a bit of people watching which is always a hit. Not an orthodox date night, but we did enjoy a great dinner together and both enjoyed a break from the norm.

It was a lovely weekend all around and we got to visit with several family members, do some shopping and eat some good food (like this dessert- yum!). And now we're once again snowed in with no plans and a lot of laundry to do!

No comments: