Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday recap

We've all been sick in varying stages since the birthday festivities last week. So I'm a bit delayed in posting this, but better late then never. Haven actually slept in on her birthday which was a welcome relief after days of 5:30 wake ups! Cale and I told her she could have anything she wanted for breakfast- no limits. Ice cream was even offered. Guess what she picked? Pretzels and a piece of cheese! We enjoyed a lazy morning at home with Cale and opened her presents. The big hit this year was a kids digital camera! Then went to the bookstore to pick out some new books with a gift card she received. She was delighted as books are one of her very favorite things.
"I always wanted one of these!"

We didn't have a party for her this year, but did do a few things to make the day special. When I asked her what she wanted to do she said,"Go to Chick-fil-a for lunch and eat cake with my friends." Easy enough. We met up with a few people for lunch on Wednesday and enjoyed eating together and letting the kids play. We meet with our home group on Wednesday nights so that proved to be a perfect opportunity to let Haven eat cake with friends.

Big smiles before we sang to her at home group

All her friends "helping" with the cake

Some friends at lunch

As I tucked her into bed that night I asked her what her favorite part of the day was and her reply was, "Everything!" I guess we'll call that a success!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Looks like a really special day! I'm not sure I would've been able to say no to ice cream for breakfast!