Thursday, January 31, 2008

Look. See. Decoupage.

I am pleased to share with you that I was able to cross something off of my to-do list last night. For Haven's birthday we purchased an unfinished table and chairs set. I had various ideas of how to paint and finish it, but decorative painting is not my strong suit. I have a bit of creativity in me, but the idea of painting something cute on the table made me nervous. And then I came across a brilliant idea...DECOUPAGE FABRIC! Decoupaging fabric isn't a widely practiced craft and some doubted the validity/practicality of said practice.

Naysayers be silent, because it worked wonderfully! And I've got pictures to prove it!




I found this really cute "Dick and Jane" fabric that has phrases from the classic books of the same name. I wanted to do something neutral that also worked in our play area. I originally planned to paint the table legs and chairs green to match, but am enjoying the natural wood. I might live with it a few weeks this way and then decide. Either way, I couldn't be happier with the results (well, there is one tiny air pocket that annoys me!) especially for my first attempt.

I might be onto something here!

2 comments:

Amber said...

it reall turned out so cute!

Julie said...

way to go kate!! very fun!