Monday, March 31, 2008

Springtime

Spring is here. Well, at least for today and for that I am thankful. It was warm enough to start our day with a walk on the bike trail with our neighbors. I've got the doors open now, but that might be pushing it. It's a little chilly, but it's worth it to smell that fresh air.

I'm feeling the need to air out the house, reorganize everything, and scrub away the darkness of winter. I usually love the winter, but this one has seemed especially long. But I'm certain that has more to do with the state of our lives then the temperature outside. I'm ready for spring, for freshness and for newness of life...in every area of my life. I'm ready for something new.

The Lord, in His perfect timing, knows just what I need. We have come to a place where important things in our life are coming to an end, but I know that is only because there are new things to come. I don't know what lies ahead, but I'm okay with that. It's time to clean house around here so that we can be ready for what lies ahead.

I'm ready for spring.

No comments: