Friday, May 23, 2008

Not much to say, but here you go

It's been a nice, quiet week at our house. We needed that! I've spent the last few days plugging away at adoption paperwork. Our weekend is looking to be more of the same and since I can't remember the last time we were home on a weekend with no plans, I can't wait! We do have plans, but the involve planting flowers and my little vegetable garden out back. And I do mean little! We bought 4 tomato plants, a red pepper, some basil and some rosemary. My thyme from last year came back much to my surprise. I love being able to go our back and pick fresh herbs! Lots of other projects await us, but I don't mind since it means we're home to accomplish them.

I have spent Haven's nap time in the kitchen with the 4lbs of strawberries I bought on sale at the grocery today. They looked and smelled delicious and they did not disappoint. I made these muffins which turned out to be really good and healthy. One of Cale's favorites is strawberry shortcake so that is all ready for him tonight. I'm going to try my hand at jam making with the rest and hopefully have 5 lovely jars of Strawberry Freezer Jam to show off when I'm done. That's on the list for tomorrow while Cale's out planting my flowers for me.

So that's it. I am so happy it's a long weekend and that we get to just spend it together- doing whatever we want! I hope you have a good one, too!

No comments: