Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday

Life in the hotel can get old quick, so I'm making every attempt to stay positive. Here are just a few of the many things that are making my day brighter.

*Without a house to care for, meals to prepare, laundry to do and errands to run I have quite a bit of free time to laugh, tickle, play and just be silly with Haven. We are both thoroughly enjoying jumping on the bed, reading a TON of books and working on little crafty projects. She loves to read "Blue Hat, Green Hat" to me.

*We got a call from our social worker and have an orientation meeting next week! Also, we made a decision last night and I'm feeling a lot of peace about it.

*We frequently refer to Haven's bottom as her little buns. She's taken that and run with it and refers to it as her "bunnies", as in, "Please no tickle my bunnies!" And it's also adorable that she calls freckles "speckled frogs". I love this girl! I never know what she's going to say!

*We are going to this on Saturday. If you live in the area you should definitely check it out. I think it is going to me amazing and it's something that Cale and I really care about.

*We've discovered a new favorite snack from Trader Joe's- The Antioxidant Mix with dried blueberries, raspberries and cranberries, walnuts, almonds and cashews. Haven loves it and always wants more of the crunchy ones (aka- nuts).

*I got an email offering a free product for checking out the new and improved Oopsie Dazie site. I have ordered from them in the past and love their clips. Their new site is easier to navigate and order from and I can't wait to get our free Tiny Button Ponies in the mail.

*Our hotel is not equipped with very good cable (as in TLC, HGTV and The Food Network) so that means I have had an inordinate amount of time to surf the web. So of course that means another good food blog- Good Things Catered. I'm making notes of things to try in the next few weeks, like these. Oh and this is a good one, too A Year in the Kitchen.

*My cute new purse from Old Navy. We have a wedding this weekend and I'm wearing a dress I already had so I decided a new purse was in order. It makes me happy!

*And speaking of bags, I've been looking at some different reusable grocery bags for awhile now. I'm not overly save the earth conscious, just sick of plastic grocery bags accumulating at my house. I just placed an order for these, but they look like they'll be perfect and the price is right, too!

*I think I saved the best for last. Cale surprised me this past weekend with an early Mother's Day present. He is so sweet and was so excited that he gave it to me literally 10 minutes after he got home from the store. And what is it you ask? A ruby ring! Why? Because he loves me and seems to think that I'm a great mom. This was Cale's first time buying me jewelry EVER and he did a fantastic job! I love it!

*That's all I've got. I hope the small things are making you happy today, too!

No comments: