Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today

It's already Thursday! It has been such a strange week around here. Strange, but quiet and so I haven't had much to say. Our life has been so hectic and crazy for the last few months, the relative calmness we're currently enveloped in seems especially sweet.

Although, I have to be honest; I find myself wondering what's coming next? Is this the calm before the storm? I'm not sure why I'm thinking that way. I'm not usually a half-empty kind of person and more importantly I trust in God's sovereignty, so I'm not sure why I'm bracing myself for doomsday. Maybe it all just feels too good to be true. To have such un-drama going on for any length of time seems unrealistic given the fallen world that we live in. And our personal track record seems especially full of pitfalls, holes and messes.

Perhaps I should quit thinking about what's coming next and just enjoy the here and now. If I'm thinking about what might be coming, then I certainly not living in the fullness of today. And if there's anything I've been reminded of the last week is that there are no guarantees of tomorrow. Today's all I've got and I need to make the most of it!

No comments: