Monday, March 12, 2007

In review

Mainly because I don't feel like I have a coherent thought in this brain today, I am going to take the easy way out and just list off the random goodness that was our weekend. It was one of those weekends that was busy, but good, but when you actually think about it you can't really remember why it felt that busy. Know what I mean?

1. Friday night was filled with friends. We met a few of Cale's co-workers for dinner at Abuelos. We had to get out of there pretty quickly as we had a birthday party to go to. All those weekends with no plans and then two social events in one night. We felt popular!

2. Saturday morning I woke up to a little lady moaning in the monitor. Not really asleep, not quite awake, just moaning. Cale, wonderful Cale told me to go back to sleep. So I did! An hour later he came back upstairs and served me breakfast in bed. Wonderful. And it just got better! Because he knows me so well, he told me to just lay in bed, read and relax. Who was I to argue? I spent another 45 minutes reading Mockingbird which is a biography of Nelle Harper Lee. I'm really enjoying it. So around 10:30 I think I finally made my way downstairs.

3. Unfortunately, the rest of the day wasn't quite as restful as Cale spent hours and I mean HOURS trying to install our new water softener. Cale is incredibly handy around the house, but plumbing frustrates him like nothing else. He didn't make it to bed until 4am Saturday night and he still had some leaks. ARgh. But on the plus side I spent several hours watching old Gilmore Girls episodes on DVD. Lorelai and Rory are always entertaining.

4. Sunday afternoon I was scheduled to do a mystery shop for a fine dining establishment in the area. We had a lovely brunch there and really great service. A free lunch is a good time any day of the week, but especially lovely on a beautiful Sunday. House church was good again tonight; it's always refreshing to be with the Body of Christ.

Tomorrow Cale is headed for Virginia for work so Haven and I are hitting the road as well. We are going to Cleveland to spend the day with Jess and to see my brother, sis-in-law and my niece and nephews. It was supposed to be a 2 day trip but because of illness I think that I'll be crazy and just go for the day. That's seven hours in the car alone with a one year old. Pray for me!

Seriously though, I am really looking forward to some quality time with Jess- it's been too long since we've had one-on-one time (well, one-on-one plus Haven!). See you tomorrow, Jess!!!

No comments: