I am an avid reader and thought it would be appropriate to do my first meme about books!
1. Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Don't really have a preference as long as all the pages are there.
2. Amazon or brick and mortar? I generally only use the aforementioned to get ideas of what I want to read, write down in my little notebook and then request it from my library.
3. Barnes & Noble or Borders? Either one, although B&N does treat you right on the discount tables from time to time.
4. Bookmark or dogear? I have a strange ability to remember the page number. I have done that for as long as I can remember. Seems like a waste of brain power, but it just comes so naturally to me.
5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? I may alphabetize my CDs, but my books, not a chance. Although they are loosely organized by subject/style, etc.
6. Keep, throw away, or sell? Who throws out books? That is an atrocity!! Send them to me if you don't want them!
7. Keep dustjacket or toss it? If a book has a dustjacket it probably doesn't belong to me, so I am going to go with keep it
8. Read with dustjacket or remove it? You mean the built-in bookmark?
9. Short story or novel? Novel
10. Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? Probably collection although neither rank high on my list
11. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Neither
12. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? I really, really try to make it to a chapter break although this is somewhat futile when I have to go back and re-read a section because I can't remember what I read the night before.
13. “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? I can't remember the last time I read a book that started with one of those...um, maybe never.
14. Buy or Borrow? Buy, but probably at Half-Price Books or half.com . Borrowing a book means I have to remember to return it and that poses a problem to me.
15. New or used? I think I have already covered my lack of preference on this one.
16. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? All of the above
17. Tidy ending or cliffhanger? I like a tidy, satisfying ending.
18. Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? Afternoon and evening reading.
19. Stand-alone or series? Usually stand-alone
20. Favorite series? Crosswicks Journals by Madeleine L'Engle
21. Favorite children’s book? I am fully immersed in the world of Sandra Boynton and Goodnight Moon right now, but I remember loving all the Ramona Quimby books growing up.
22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Two-Part Invention by Madeleine L'Engle
23. Favorite books read last year? The Kite Runner, A Song I Knew By Heart
24. Favorite books of all time? Knowledge of the Holy, Two-Part Invention, Coming Home, A Separate Peace
25. Least favorite book you finished last year? The Glass Castle but only because it made my angry. It's beautifully written, but not a book I particularly enjoyed.
26. What are you reading right now? The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
27. What are you reading next? Whatever comes in first at the library!